2. Personal data collected, will not be used for a new purpose unless we obtain consent from our clients. We collect personally identifiable information for the following purposes in connection with the products, services and/or TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd Club membership which you have purchased, applied for or are looking into (collectively “Basic Sales Servicing and Marketing Purposes”), to the extent applicable:
a) processing your application for any of the TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd products, services or The TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd Club membership offered or distributed by us (including but not limited to third party TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd Club promotional partners products and/or services);
b) providing the TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd products, services or TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd Club membership applied for by you;
c) performing account verification services;
d) generating financial, regulatory, management, sales, marketing or other related reports and performance of analytics;
e) conducting checks with the Do Not Call Registry;
f) meeting or complying with TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd’s internal policies and procedures and any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, orders or requests issued by any court, legal or regulatory bodies (both national and international) (including but not limited to disclosures to regulatory bodies and government agencies, conducting audit checks, surveillance and investigation);
g) legal purposes (including but not limited to enforcing our legal rights, drafting and reviewing documents, obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution);
h) handling customer feedback or complaints;
i) maintaining the security of TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd data;
j) registering a user for our web site;
k) facilitating any proposed or actual business assignment, transfer, participation or sub-participation in any of our rights or obligations in respect of your relationship with us; and
l) Where you apply for or hold a TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd or co-brand product and/or service which is offered by the TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd or TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd’s promotional partners, TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the purpose of offering, marketing and promoting to you any products, services, offers or events deemed to be of interest to you (“Club Marketing Purpose”). This however, does not mean that TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd endorses, ascertains or takes responsibility for any arising issue in connection with the products or services of our promotional partners.
m) conducting of market research, surveys and data analysis relating to any service or product provided by us (whether conducted by TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd or jointly with another party) which may be relevant to you (“Research Purpose”);
n) offering, marketing and promoting to you any products, services, offers or events provided by TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd or TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd promotional partners which we think may be of interest to you (“Marketing Purpose”); and
o) purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
3. We do not collect sensitive information from our clients. We assure all clients that all personal information collected would be used or disclosed only for the aforementioned purposes with consent. A ‘Personal Data Release Consent Form’ is used to obtain your consent.
4. Only the necessary personal data is collected from clients for the aforementioned purposes. Both the amount and the type of data collected shall be limited to that which is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
5. We will not disclose, share, transfer, sell or rent personally identifiable information to any unaffiliated third party. However, in order to carry out the purposes listed above, we may share your Personal Data with our sister companies, namely: Elite Asia (SG) Pte Ltd, Elite Interpreters Asia Pte Ltd, Elite Asia (HK) Pte Limited, Elite Asia Localisation (MY) Sdn Bhd, and AISA Digital Pte Ltd promotional partners whether in Singapore or elsewhere. When doing so, we will require them to ensure that your Personal Data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure.
We do not send unsolicited marketing email to our clients. Out of respect for the privacy of our users, users may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the email.
6. We do not keep personal data for longer than is necessary for those purposes for which they are collected.
7. We have developed guidelines and implemented procedures to govern the destruction of personal data that are no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes.
8. We do not use “web-bugs” or any other tracking technologies to collect information from users of our web site. However, we do use Google Analytics cookies in our webpages to collect information about users of our websites. The information collected is then used to generate better suited sales or marketing campaigns and to ensure a better servicing level for our clients. You can adjust settings on your browser so that you will be notified when you receive a cookie. A cookie is a small text file that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, by doing so, you may not be able to use certain functions or enter certain part(s) of our TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd websites.
9. We would not display or make publicly available, whether through online directories, client lists or otherwise, the personally identifiable information collected.
10. We ensure our clients that all personal information collected is accurate and kept up to date to our best abilities. We do not maintain duplicate copies of personal information in different systems. However as the timeliness of data may not wholly be within our control, TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd may rely on you to ensure that at all times, the information provided by you to us is correct, accurate and complete. You are encouraged to update us in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided to us.
11. We ensure our clients that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect personal data against unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure, copying, use, alteration, accidental loss or theft, destruction or damage.
12. Only authorized personals have access to our systems. Consultants, contractors or other temporary employees do not have access to the data.
Individual Access and Correction
14. We do allow our clients the right to access their personal information. Additionally, clients can request a correction, update or removal of personal data by following the process as stipulated in point 15 below.
15. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or remove your personal data at the member information page or by emailing to email@example.com.
16. We will respond to our client’s request within a reasonable time and we do not charge a fee for providing the information or data requested for.
18. Our mechanisms and processes are in place to receive and address complaints or inquiries about our policies and procedures relating to the handling of personal data. Appropriate measures will be taken to amend policies and procedures if a complaint is found to be justified.
For any complaints or inquiries about our policies and procedures relating to the handling of personal data, please feel free to contact our Compliance Officer in charge at the contact details listed below.
Hong Yin Yin
8 Jurong Town Hall Road, #25-02
The JTC Summit
Tel: +65 6681 6717 extension 377.
Fax: +65 6565 9340
You may withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in this Notice in writing by using the prescribed Consent Withdrawal Form. If you withdraw your consent to any or all of the aforementioned purposes, you may be required to meet up with a TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd representative depending on the context of your request, in order for TRANSLASIA Holdings Pte Ltd to be in a position to continue to provide our products, services or club membership to you.